The Civitan Foundation’s longest running, and most beloved program offers week-long camp sessions throughout the summer, and weekend adventures once a month during the rest of the year. Founded in 1968, Camp Civitan is a 15-acre wheelchair accessible facility for developmentally disabled children and adults in the cool Northern Arizona pine country town of Williams.
This program offers campers a variety of enriching and fun experiences that promote positive self-esteem, teamwork, socialization, and healthy activities.
Camp Civitan is FULL...
Full of great programs, fun, and adventure!
History of Camp Civitan
In 1968, Civitan was established in Williams, Arizona as “Camp Civitan” by a group of dedicated volunteers for individuals with developmental disabilities. As parents and volunteers, they were driven by the belief that everyone deserves the opportunity to experience the unique joy of summer camp – regardless of their abilities. “Camp Civitan” created one of the first year-round camping experiences in Arizona with extracurricular activities for the disabled.
Accommodations and Amenities
- Dining Facility
- Heated, large fireplace, AV equipment, 80" flatscreen TV
- Four dorms sleeping 100, private rooms that sleep 2-4
- Eagle Village RV & Tent Area
- RV hookups, water/electricity, bath house, campfire locations
- Outdoor Recreation Hall
- Large fireplace, large deck, sound system, arts & crafts room
- Game tables, computers, entertainment room, Costume closet
- Outdoor Amphitheater
- Fire ring, stage with lighting and sound system, Ramada's with picnic tables
TV, VCR, DVD, Karaoke
Miniature Golf Course
Just 10 to 20 minutes away
- Mountain Tubing
- The Famous Grand Canyon Train
- Route 66 Vintage Car and Motorcycle shows
- The Deer Farm
- Indoor Swimming
- Grocery Stores
- Gift Shops
- Great Local Restaurants